Monday, May 23, 2011

Going Vegetarian...

I have to say it has been a bit easier then I thought moving away from meat.
I did not tell my family early last week what we were having, just cooked it up and put it out on their plates and they ate it.
We have been doing pretty good, We did have hotdogs one night.... : (
We are using a number of the Boca Foods & MorningStar Farms "meats" to help us replace our need for the meat on our plate.
Some are better than others, We tried the MorningStar chicken nuggets tonight, Not our favorites. We loaded on BBQ sauce and they were edible but not really what I was hoping for. I really need to write down the ones we try and which brand we like better so as not to keep buying the ones that are so so.... This week at Target the MorningStar products are on sale for $2.99 each but so far we are liking the Boca brand a bit better.

2 comments:

LJS said...

Wow! I just stumbled across your blog and totally connected with it! I am a homeschooling Mom of 2 and part of our journey over the past year has been redesigning our lifestyle. We have made huge changes like cutting out sugar (mostly), daily green smoothies, organic foods, all natural cleaners, etc. Most recently I wrote about my growing desire to become vegetarian! I am looking forward to pouring a hot cup of coffee and reading through your other posts!

Donna said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog Jessica! I will pop over to your blog also. I am overwhelmed right now with the amount of changes I could be making.... I really want to start using some natural cleaners too.
Thanks Again : )