Saturday, May 28, 2011

So Many Books To Read, So Little Time...

I always seem to get excited about something and then I go overboard with it...
That's what is happening now with my new "Green " life, I have my library working on getting me a ton of books I want to read - I actually have two going right now:

"Better Off Flipping the Switch On Technology" by Eric Brende
This young couple try and live an "Amish" type life with no modern technology, I am enjoying the book so far. I have always had a interest in living around the Amish. I find them to be very interesting, but I doubt I could go that bare bones...

"American Wasteland" by Jonathan Bloom
Talks about how wasteful americans are with our food, I've only just started it so can't comment on it yet.

I hate having two books going at the same time! But I am so wrapped up in all of this I want to learn as much as I can "Right Now"....

I also really can't wait to read "Sleeping Naked is Green" by Vanessa Farquharson. To be honest I don't really like technical books, I would rather read an enjoyable easy read book.

If you have ready any goodies that you can suggest I'd love to take a look at them : )

3 comments:

LJS said...

Donna, I feel exactly the same way as you. I have never been a non-fiction reader but I am so passionate about these changes, I want to read as much as I can!

I read Deirdre Imus' book about two years ago and that led me to switch to all natural cleaning products and body products. We filter all our water and I bought filters for our shower heads.

Recently I read Green for Life which helped me understand this new passion for green smoothies.n Then I read Alkalize or Die. Both these books helped me to understand the significance greens play in our health and if our body is properly balanced we feel energized and are healthy.

I am going to see if the book you recommended about living among the Amish is available on Nook. I just searched it on Amazon and it sounds fascinating.

Happy reading!!

LJS said...

I just downloaded a free sample of Better Off for my Nook!

Donna said...

Jessica,
I started reading: "Slow Death by Rubber Duck: The Secret Dange...
by Rick Smith" I got it from my library covers alot but way to technical for me to understand : (
I would love for you to share your cleaning supply ingredients with me when you find some you like! Have you found any blogs you enjoy on the topic?
I'll check out the books you suggested, Thanks!! : )