Friday, May 13, 2011

Where To Start....

I am busting at the seems to start everything I am hoping to change in my life (see "About Me" on the side of this blog).
But where to start.... My first goal is to try and eat only vegetarian meals. I am not a very good cook to begin with and I have to say we eat very limited vegs. (corn, cream corn, peas & stringbeans and all are canned). Our fruit intake is even worse, I hate to say it but we seldom have fruit to eat. We always have some kind of meat at lunch & dinner. Seldom do we eat breakfest at all. Soooo you can see this will be a big undertaking trying to change our way of eatting. I know it won't happen over night but any changes I can make will move us into a more healthier way.
My first step has been to get some very beginner vegetarian cookbooks from our local library & since I am hoping to get my daughter to become involved with my journey I am going to get some children cookbooks also:
Kids Can Press "The Jumbo Vegetarian Cookbook"
"Vegetarian Cooking For Beginners"
Both books are very basic but that is what we need at this time to just really get an understanding of being a vegetarian.

No comments: