Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baby Chicks!!!!


















Here are my baby chicks I picked up from my local feed & grain store, Aren't they just adorable??????

They are just so cute, I LOVE them : )

The two lighter ones are golden sex-links, the dark one is a partridge rock & the greyish one is a light brahma.

I set them up for now in a bird cage I have and placed them in my wash room. They don't really need a heat lamp here in FL. since our weather is so hot already but I set up a lamp with a regular bulb to add alittle warm at night.

I must say they are pretty loud already.... I thought I would be up all night but they settled down after awhile.

So far they all look really good : )

2 comments:

LJS said...

I called Planning and Zoning last week and after believing we could not have back yard chickens, I think we actually can! Not until next summer though...I want to spend this year traveling as much as possible and don't want to have to pay a chicken sitter!

Donna said...

That's great you will be able to get chickens! It is a bit late to be getting chickens for this year but it doesn't really matter here in FL.
Thanks for posting, I appreciate it : )