Saturday, June 4, 2011

Books, Books And More Books

Okay I have offically gone Book Nuts again!
I just can't stop, I am a sponge and want to soak up as much information as I can about vegetarian cooking, nutriton, recycling, less waste ect....
I went into the library and came out with 7 huge mega sized books to read,
"The Organic Food Shopper's Guide" by Jeff Cox
"The Unhealthy Truth" by Robyn O'Brien
"A Slice of Organic Life" by Sheherazade Goldsmith
"In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan
"The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan
"SuperFoods HealthStyle" by Steven Pratt
"Natural Energy Boosters" by Carlson Wade

I just finished reading "Better off Flipping The Switch On Technology", I enjoyed reading the adventures of the couple trying to live the "Amish" type way of life. The ending was a bit disappointing (I won't go any further then that so as not to ruin the book for others). One nugget I took from the book was how with so much more work for them to do each day because of using less technology ex. no computer, tv, telephone, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine ect. they still felt they had more time during the day.... I can so agree with how the computer will eat up your day if you let it!!!!! Lately with my thirst for finding out all I can on my new interests I have been spending WAY too much time on!!!! I need to add that to my list of things to change : )
What do I always say "Too much to do, Not enough time"....

No comments: