Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Need To Stop Using Plastic & Recycle More!

Okay my eyes have been opened lately with what I have been finding out about! Two things I will talk about in this post is plastics and the amount of garbage we are making....
My daughter & I watched "Planet In Peril", The first thing she said to me is "God must be really mad at us for taking such bad care of the earth"! This from a 16yr. old who really doesn't show much emotions one way or another on many topics...
It really has given me more of a boost to do what I can to make changes in a number of areas!
I recycle cans, plastics, cardboard & newspapers, but after some of my reading I am finding out plastic just doesn't really recycle very well. To top it off the plastic that does not get recycled is causing such issues in our oceans! Can you imagine 8 football fields covered with plastic water bottles is the equivalent of how many are discarded every 5 minutes in the United States...
The chemicales that are coming off of the plastics are causing such heath issues too that I really want to limit my families use of them.
Here are some ideas for getting started not using so much Plastic.
Contact your local recycling center to see what items they can recycle, You will be amazed at some of the items you can drop off there, Here is an example of what my town can take. Also check out this great searching tool for what you can recycle & where.
It sure is alot to digest and it really is all mind blowing how much we have abused the earth : (


No comments: